Computer training for partially sighted students in both basic and advanced skills is implemented by Action 4 the blind and disabled children in Roodepoort. Our training center is equipped to teach partially sighted students on how to use a computer independently. The main goal is to support students and enhance and develop their computer know-how.
With this experience behind them, partially sighted students can enter into internship or study further. It is remarkably important for partially sighted students to be able to communicate through technology now days.
At Action we empower all our learners through thorough computer skills and adapted technology so that they can become independent individuals in society. We believe that partially sighted students are capable to enter into learnership programs and participate successfully within a workforce.
Partially sighted students have more motivation than most as they are able to adapt in day to day activities or tasks. With the correct computer training, these groups of students are able to be employed and become entrepreneurs.
South Africa has a brilliant support system through SETAs, businesses and training providers. We strive to accomplish the following:
- To make students who are partially sighted literate in computer skills from basic through to advanced.
- To introduce different advanced technologies to the students
- To enhance multiple skills and abilities in our students.
- To increase knowledge in computer training and assistive technologies
- To make them capable of using different computer applications such as Microsoft office, windows explorer and email.
- To develop a positive attitude towards the workspace
- To use computers to communicate and engage into society.
- To be included in the world of technology