A Learnership For People with a Disability
A learnership for people with a disability leads to a qualification. This qualification is registered on the National Qualifications Framework. It is designed to provide technical and work specific skills, as well as communication and teamwork skills.
A contract is drawn up by the employer, learner and training provider( such as Action 4 the Blind and Disabled Children). There are specific conditions in place to protect all three parties during the learnership program.
The benefits for employees are paramount, and include:
- A learnership includes on the job training, reducing lost productivity.
- There are beneficial tax incentives for companies.
- Cash grants for learners as well as stipends for extra costs like travel etc
- BEE points that put you above the rest within your industry
- A nationally recognized qualification for workers with disability – adding credibility.
Our learnership training adds value in many ways, including:
- Learners who are capable of working independently with little supervision.
- Learners who are motivated and dedicated
- Learners who if become employed after learnership program is complete, will stay and this would mean a low staff turnover.
- Greater productivity through specific skills training as company so requires.
Learners benefit from training as they do not lose an income that full time studying would cost. Learners are able to seek work confidently if they are not employed by the company. Being a nationally recognized qualification makes it easier for learner to go from one company to another if they need to. There is no doubt that work standards are improved, as well as self esteem and confidence.