Medical marijuana for disabilities has been a ‘high’ topic for many now that it is legal in South Africa. We all know that marijuana is helpful for chronic pain, nausea, depression, and anxiety. Now the question is, can it help with curing seizure disorders and Parkinson’s? Does it treat autism, Multiple sclerosis and Muscular dystrophy? And what about spinal cord injuries?
There is a myriad of evidence that proves medical marijuana for disabilities can be beneficial. Unfortunately, this magical plant has been demonized as being criminal and hence the fear of morality loss surrounds it. Honestly, to compare this plant to drugs such as LSD, Heroine, and Ecstacy is insane.
- Low-risk mortality – you need to consume unreasonable amounts of marijuana to overdose – if you experience negative side effects, try a milder strain or abstain.
- All Natural – when homegrown, you can be sure that you aren’t getting anything laced with harmful chemicals.
- Crime Free – this happy herb doesn’t cause violent behavior unless combined with other illicit street drugs
- Safer than other legal drugs – there is no damage to the kidneys or liver. Alcohol is legal but far worse on the human body.
Let us have a look at what types of medical marijuana works on a few disabilities:
According to research, medical marijuana with a high THC content increases anxiety. Our bodies naturally make cannabinoid chemicals, so the best strain for those with anxiety would be a hybrid – a combination of both Sativa and Indica.
High CBD strains, edibles and oils are best for pain relief. If one type doesn’t work for you, try another.
Here is a list of strains that work best for pain and insomnia
Consider trying other high-CBD strains, or cannabis in various other forms like edibles, topicals, or ingestible oils. Everyone’s body is different, so the key is to try different strains and products to see what works best for you.
There is not enough evidence as yet confirming that medical marijuana can be used as a treatment for Parkinson’s Disease itself. The happy herb does, however, help with replenishing the dopamine levels in patients with Parkinson’s Disease. Medical marijuana also helped with insomnia, chronic pain, and stress caused by the disease.
Best strains for Parkinson’s Disease, here
Autistic people struggle with activities such as playfulness and banter. They will exhibit compulsive behavior and are known to harm themselves.
Here are a few strains that can help with autism symptoms.
#5. Spinal Cord Injury
THC is the magical compound for treating spinal cord injuries. This “stoner” compound has been proven to improve spinal cord injury symptoms such as pain, bladder control, and insomnia.
Here are a few strains that help with spinal cord injury symptoms
* Before trying out any medical marijuana for your disability, check with your doctor first.