Skills development planning is a way of investing in your workforces career path. Skills development planning is very important in South Africa, especially in terms of future economic stability.
Unfortunately, many organisations focus
Why Develop A Workplace Skills Plan?
- Legal Obligation
- Structured training for the year ahead – based on
- An opportunity to discover talents and skills that went unnoticed
- Support skills development at sectoral and national levels
SETAs’ Role in Implementing Workplace Skills Plans
- Workplace Skills Plans are registered with SETAs to correct the limited supply of skilled workers.
- Workplace skills and Sector Skills Plans provide a holistic understanding of the importance of WSPs within each sector
- Increasing and promoting skills development in an active learning environment
- Increasing investment through continuing education and training.
Why Do Workplace SKills Plans Fail?
- Poor information management
- Flawed job descriptions
- Defining and addressing vital requirements
How Can Effective Workplace SKills Be Implemented?
- Workplace skills plans should be seen as
- Plans should consider vital and scarce skills that are needed
- Plans should be aligned with performance management and human resources management systems
How Can An Organisation Benefit From WSP Training?
- Skills auditing that bridge the gaps
- Integrating performance management systems
- Implementing succession planning initiatives, new processes, and technological changes
- Contributing towards succession planning and employment equity shows commitment towards B-BBEE codes
- Become a recognized employer and organization
Work Skills Planning Employee Benefits
- Enables employees to obtain nationally recognized qualifications
- Gaining valuable work experience and personal growth
- Employees are given chance to advance in their careers
Is It Important To Use an Accredited Training Provider?
Yes, it adds credibilty to your organisation and funding is used appropriateky.
Where Do I Start?
- Secure support and
endorsemntat executive and line managembtlevels.
- Identify supporting initiatives and implementing those to address the application of learning back in the workplace environment.
- A set projection of skills should be integrated into annual WSP for at least the next five years.