The importance of a learnership program is duo of on the job training and theory combined.
A learnership leads to qualification with the National Qualifications Institute. This type of qualification is designed to provide technical and work-specific skills. The added skills gained are life skills and teamwork skills.
A contract is first drawn up by employer, learner and training provider. There is a signed agreement which states conditions and all parties are protected dutring the learnership program.
A learnership leads to a qualification. To obtain the qualification you need not enter into a learnership. It is however beneficial if you do. The importance of a learnership, include:
- On the job training that teaches productivity
- Tax incentives and grants make it financially attractive
- Business can improve on a competitive level by earning BEE points
- Learnerships are practical and can be registered if they relate to existing skills needed
- National Qualifications are nationally recognized for future studies
- The more skills gained, the greater the productivity
Blind Learners need learnerships because they cannot afford to lose income that studying full time will cost. Entering into a learnership that isn’t practical will not help a blind learner.
Learnerships also provide a kick start into further studies and learners who are qualified can enhance their skills at any company. This qualification provides a basis for personal development as well as high work standards due to increased self-esteem.
SETAs offer learnership grants that range from R4000 to R40 000 per blind learner. Grants are subject to availability and scarce. We at Action are available for any assistance or queries you may have regarding training.